Thursday 26 March 2020

Book Review- 'Irrationally Passionate' by Jason Kothari


Frankly speaking I have read many autobiographies and biographies. I learned a thing or two from those biographies although I always believed that achievers have some extraordinary qualities as well as extraordinary situations to excel. I have stopped reading many biographies midway with a sense that those are not my cup of tea.

Image result for irrationally passionate book in jpg
‘Irrationally Passionate-My turn around from rebel to entrepreneur’ by Jason Kothari is also an autobiography for me (although selective incidents of his life in a particular context is written) and interestingly kept me engaged till the last. Every incident was written there connected to me on my life story. There might be a difference in the script but everyone has faced such situations in their life. When Jason is analyzing his story or some incidents, it naturally compelled me to analyze my life stories in that context. I have read many stories/fictions/thrillers but no book engaged me the way ‘Irrationally Passionate’ did. I started reading late due to many compelling reasons, but once started, I completed it within no time. 241 pages, eleven chapters, all in just two days.



The titles are also the crux of that particular chapter. And you know, if you recall your life story you will find those titles somewhere fits also. Maybe we have never analyzed the way Jason Kothari did. Many of us weren’t true to our passion, never considered a mistake as learning. In many phases of life, we never draw a borderline between fantasy and reality and sometimes we let the situation prevail upon us.

I am not an entrepreneur. But then everything was written by Jason Kothari connected me. You know why? Because we are entrepreneurs in our life. It doesn’t matter what’s your profession, but entrepreneurship in the business of life always makes you successful.

A simple yet lucid way of presenting the events makes the book very interesting and engaging. It gives satisfaction that how simple incidents motivate you to for some risks and how too much excitement ends with a failure.

I am always a poor evaluator (in giving star-rating) but then I would give this book five out of five as I got immense pleasure in reading it. I would ask everyone not only to read this book but also to connect with your life story. You may not have bargained for a chess board but then there would be something you have bargained.

This book is not about only tips on how you can succeed. It’s also a thriller along with humor and yes some actions too. Should it be a movie also? What you say? First, read then answer.
I wish all the success for Jason Kothari and his incredible life experiments.

Rating- 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment